Hi everyone!! I have a tutorial on how to create your own paper butterfly like the ones I made for my wedding topiary centerpiece the other day. It's really simple and uses a 3x4 piece of paper- that's it- just your fingers and a 3x4 piece of double sided paper.
3x4 piece of Bella! My Romance Paper
So here is the butterfly all finished. Let's get started
1. Cut a 3x4 piece of paper.
2. Fold the paper in half.
3. Fold the paper in half again.
4. Open the folded piece of paper. You will press this crease to create a triangle.
5. you can see this step a bit more clear in this photo.
6. press the creases well with your fingers.
7. repeat this step on the other side.
8. fold in the inner corner slightly.
9. repeat on the other side.
10. lift the front flaps slightly
11. Fold the flap up and press with your finger.
12. Repeat this step on the other side. Your butterfly is upside down, turn it 180 degrees.
13. You now have a finished paper butterfly!!
Thanks for stopping by!! We would love to see the butterflies that you create as well!!