Thursday, October 31, 2013

Vellum Ghosts...Spooky!!

Hi everyone!  All month long at Ruby Rock-It, we are sharing all things Halloween and Fall!  This is my absolute favorite time of the year and I always get excited for the cool crisp air, the leaves changing color and all of the upcoming holidays!  So, having said that.....I created a fun decoration for my home.  I love that strings of lights are acceptable for most holidays now and figured, why not make cute little ghosts from vellum to cover the mini lights.  I created these from just vellum and a sharpie (of course adhesives as well, lol)- can you believe it.  If you haven't used Fundamentals vellum yet- I have to say that this is the nicest, thickest, sturdiest vellum I have ever seen!  It is awesome!
 These vellum ghosts are simple to make and required few tools.  A paper trimmer, score board of some sort (or you could use your trimmer plus a bone folder), a sharpie and Zots Dots.
 After making a bunch of these, I popped them onto the string of lights.  Another fun thing that I did was to use a border punch to create a fun bottom edge to the ghosts.
 I took these pictures of my string of lights...unfortunately as you all know, taking photos of strings of lights can be challenging, but I'm sure you get the idea of how cute this is!

Supplies:

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you make some Spooky Ghosts to haunt your Halloween too!
Happy Scrapping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment