Sunday, November 4, 2012

My Little Shoebox and Want 2 Scrap Tutorial

Hi everyone.  I wanted to share a tutorial that I created for My Little Shoebox using the Coming Home line and some Want 2 Scrap products as well.  

I made this cute little card and am showing you how to create a piece of box pleated trim.  I love this technique and have been doing it since 2008.  It's always nice when you can incorporate other hobbies (sewing and embroidery) into your scrapping.

Here is the card that I created.
And I'm going to show you the grass at the bottom.  I would usually have the border strip flipped 180 degrees and have the edged bottom facing down, but in this case, it works great "upside down". 

Here is the video:


Let me give you the measurements for the pleat.  The first score is at 1/2" , from there on, you will score every 1/4", then 3/4", 1/4", 3/4" until you have scored the entire piece of paper.  Please remember that your paper will shrink in length by about a half.  So if you pleat a 1x12" of paper, it will be about 6" when you are finished.  If you need a longer piece of pleated paper, you can always adhere multiple strips of paper together.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment